February 20, 2020
Equinix partners with AirSpeed Telecom to provide secure cloud solution
Cloud service will help enterprises to roll out secure remote working solutions, as Equinix survey finds 38% of Irish IT decision-makers believe volume of data breaches will increase as remote working becomes more widespread
DUBLIN, Ireland – Feb 20 2020 – Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data centre company, today announced a partnership with Irish telecommunications service provider, AirSpeed Telecom. The joint cloud offering comes as results of an independent survey commissioned by Equinix, finds 38% of Irish IT decision-makers believe the volume of data breaches will increase with the widespread rollout of remote working solutions. The survey also shows 31% of businesses in Ireland cannot fully support employee remote working because of latency issues. Equinix’s collaboration with AirSpeed Telecom addresses these concerns with the launch of AirSpeed Cloud Connectivity.
As digital transformation takes hold in Ireland and across the world, flexible working gives employees choice on how, when and where they work – increasing productivity, job satisfaction and improving business performance. As demand from employees for flexible working increases, businesses are under pressure to ensure they have the right technology, network speed and security to support it.
To facilitate the rise of flexible working in Ireland, and as part of its ongoing strategy to offer enhanced end-to-end solutions, Equinix partner, AirSpeed Telecom, now provides Equinix’s cloud platform, Equinix Cloud Exchange Fabric™ (ECX Fabric®), as ‘AirSpeed Cloud Connectivity’. It will offer businesses across Ireland, fast, secure and reliable connectivity to streamline cloud migration and increase business performance.
AirSpeed Cloud Connectivity allows businesses to privately and seamlessly interconnect with the world’s largest cloud providers such as Microsoft Azure (ExpressRoute), Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and Google Cloud. As Equinix offers direct access to the highest concentration of major cloud provider onramps in the world, it allows businesses to choose the cloud services that best fit their, and their employees’, ever-changing business requirements.
- By offering a cloud solution, AirSpeed Telecom is answering the growing trend for businesses to move from traditional IT infrastructure to cloud-based services. Independent research commissioned by Equinix found cloud is now the number one driver of channel engagement in Ireland, with almost half (45%) of IT decision-makers using the channel to access cloud-based services.
- Equinix’s third annual Global Interconnection Index (GXI) shows the need to connect to multiple clouds and IT services represents the fastest-growing use of interconnection bandwidth – in other words, the bandwidth required for businesses to privately connect to clouds, enterprises and networks – is growing at an expected 112% CAGR by 2022.
- Available in 37+ locations across five continents, AirSpeed Cloud Connectivity, through ECX Fabric, now provides businesses with a multinational presence to support cloud connectivity across the world.
- Through ECX Fabric, AirSpeed Cloud Connectivity enables enterprises to make significant cost savings and enhance productivity by eliminating the costly overheads associated with traditional IT infrastructure. It also offers organisations a selection of bandwidths to support their business needs – ensuring they only pay for what they need.
- AirSpeed Cloud Connectivity, through ECX Fabric, uses integrated APIs and allows organisations to establish on-demand virtual connections in near real time.
- The cloud solution delivers bandwidth ranging from 10Mbs to 10Gbs to ensure businesses can easily access 145+ cloud service providers via a fast, secure and reliable dedicated private line, therefore supporting a variety of use cases in addition to remote working, such as business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Charles O’Reilly, General Manager, AirSpeed Telecom:
“As cloud services continue to grow and facilitate the strategic needs and direction for more and more organisations, AirSpeed Cloud Connectivity has been designed to provide fully managed, secure and reliable access to the cloud. Reliance on the cloud, and the benefits it will deliver, continues to expand; and throughout that journey businesses can rely on AirSpeed every step of the way.”
- Kevin O’Connor, Channel Manager, Equinix:
“Our research shows Ireland’s IT decision-makers are cautious of the impact remote working will have on cybersecurity – and rightly so. Organisations must ensure that in their efforts to modernise their business, they are also considering the security risks in doing so. Remote working is all about employee satisfaction and boosting productivity. Organisations who experience latency issues won’t be able to reap the benefits of remote working, as it will slow down workloads and frustrate users. Having direct access to the world’s leading cloud service providers is therefore essential in removing these hurdles.”
Global Interconnection Index Volume 3 [market study]
About the Equinix independent survey
As part of a separate independent study commissioned by Equinix, APCO Insight surveyed 2,485 IT decision-makers from a diverse enterprise set across North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia-Pacific. 1,348 of those surveyed are based in EMEA, with 103 being based in Ireland. Respondents were selected for participation from Dynata’s online panel. The survey was conducted online between August 1-16, 2019.
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most-interconnected data centers. On this global platform for digital business, companies come together across more than 50 markets on five continents to reach everywhere, interconnect everyone and integrate everything they need to create their digital futures. www.equinix.com.
About AirSpeed Telecom:
AirSpeed Telecom is a leading provider of high-performance telecommunications products and bandwidth services to enterprise, medium to large sized businesses and public sector clients.
Founded in 2003, AirSpeed Telecom provides customers with fast, uncontended and symmetrical connectivity which allows businesses perform to their full potential. To reinforce this vision of always-on connectivity, AirSpeed Telecom offers premium level Service Level Agreements (SLAs) as standard.
The full suite of communication solutions includes dedicated connectivity, voice and security as well as cloud services. Delivering bespoke solutions over fibre, wireless and copper infrastructure, AirSpeed Telecom works with businesses on the island of Ireland and internationally across a range of sectors, including financial services, construction, food and beverage and hospitality. Among the clients that AirSpeed Telecom is proud to work with are Chill, Keelings, Manor Farm and Kilsaran, among others.
AirSpeed Telecom is 100% owned by the Irish Infrastructure Fund (IIF), which controls over €500 million of investments across energy, telecoms, tourism and healthcare in Ireland.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX data centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix products and solutions; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenues from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; a failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; risks related to our taxation as a REIT; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see recent Equinix quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Comit (For Equinix)
+353 1 215 7575